Standish Street Dental Practice | Cosmetic Dentistry Burnley

Complaints Policy

Information for Patients

If you have a concern about service or treatment you have received from Standish Street Dental Practice please let us know. We have a complaints handling procedure which adheres to national guidance and this is available to patients on request.

How to raise your concerns

Most issues can be dealt with quickly and easily at the time of occurrence if you bring them to our attention straight away, however if this is not possible and you wish to make a formal complaint please do so as soon as possible, ideally within a few days. This gives us the opportunity to conduct a thorough investigation. If it is not possible to let us know promptly then please let us have details of your complaint:

  • Within 6 months of the incident that caused the problem; or
  • within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem (provided this is within 12 months of the incident).

Complaints about treatment you received should be made directly to your treating dentist. Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment with Dr Chris Wood, the practice owner, to discuss your concerns. Dr Wood will ensure that your concerns are dealt with promptly.

What to expect

We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days and aim to complete an investigated within 10 working days from the date received. We will then be in a position to organize a meeting with all parties involved to openly discuss the issue.

In investigating your complaint we will aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong.
  • Enable you to discuss the problem openly with those concerned.
  • Negotiate a suitable and appropriate resolution.
  • Identify what can be done to prevent the problem reoccurring.

Complaining on Behalf of Someone Else

Please note that we are bound by strict rules of confidentiality. If you wish to raise a complaint on behalf of another patient, we will need to confirm that you have the permission of the patient to do so. In order to take a complaint forward in these circumstances we would need the patient to sign document consenting to disclosure.

In Summary

We hope that if you have a problem you feel able to discuss this with the practice team and utilise the practice complaints procedure. The best resolution occur when you discuss issues directly with us so that we have the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and can work towards a mutually acceptable resolution.

If you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us or you are dissatisfied with the result of our investigation you can contact the Dental Complaints Service for further advice.

Dental Complaints Service
Stephenson House
2 Cherry Orchard Road
Tel. 08456 120 540 (local rate)

Denplan Ltd - Members can contact Denplan for advice
Denplan Court
Victoria Road
SO23 7RG
Tel. 0800 169 7220

The General Dental Council - The General Dental Council also offer advice
37 Wimpole Street
Tel. 020 7887 3800